The curator's team of academics
In late April 2014, following a Europe-wide call to tender, the National Fund awarded the winning team the curatorship of the new exhibition in Block 17 of the State Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau.
About the team
- Hannes Sulzenbacher (Curator, project leader): Freelance curator. Numerous exhibitions, predominantly in Jewish museums, e.g. Hohenems, Frankfurt am Main, Munich and Berlin; co-Director of QWIEN – Center for Gay/Lesbian Culture and History.
- Dr. Albert Lichtblau (Scientific Director): University Professor of History and Deputy Head of the Center for Jewish Cultural History at the University of Salzburg. Numerous oral history projects.
- Dr. Birgit Johler: Cultural scientist, curator at the Haus der Geschichte Österreich. Curatorship at the "Adolf Hitler House", essays on the Nazi era and head of the research project "Servitengasse 1938", among others.
- Dr. Christiane Rothländer: Historian specializing in National Socialism, Austrofascism and the history of psychoanalysis. Lecturer at the University of Vienna.
- Dr. Barbara Staudinger: Historian and curator specializing in Jewish history. Director of the Jüdisches Kulturmuseum Augsburg-Schwaben. Many years at the Institute for the Jewish History in of Austria, St. Pölten, exhibitions at the Jewish Museum in Munich.
- Dr. Siegfried Göllner: Historian, contemporary history research projects with a focus on National Socialism and denazification.
- Christoph Mai: Responsible for project organization. Head of the Associations Friends of the Jewish Museum and Friends of the Vienna Library.
© National Fund of the Republic Austria for Victims of National Socialism